Ways to Volunteer
There are numerous ways to provide volunteer services for the DPVA. Please review the following opportunities to determine what might align with your areas of interest and skill.
To learn more about volunteering with the DPVA, please contact Carol Warner at 937-239-3452 or fill out the contact form below and a member of our program will respond to you shortly.
Volunteer Position Descriptions
- Docent: Present prepared presentations in Miami Valley schools to students in grades 1 through 6. Docents receive training sessions with Neal Gittleman, DPO Music Director, and Patrick Reynolds, DPO Associate Conductor and DPYO Conductor.
- Scriptwriting: Help prepare PowerPoint scripts and props in committee for school presentations.
- Scholarship: Support music education through scholarships, or act as room monitors during the spring competitions.
- Usher: Help seat students at DPO education concerts.
- Scheduling: From your home, help schedule docent school visits.
- Auditions: Assist with auditions for youth orchestras.
- It’s Instrumental: Help collect used instruments from Grismer Tire locations. The instruments are repaired and loaned to school students who can’t provide their own.
- Family Concerts: Help plan, execute, and/or staff pre-concert activities (costume contests, face painting, etc.) for children prior to DPO Family concerts.
- Q the Music: Assist string faculty in orchestra and sectionals at Ruskin Elementary.
- Concert Hospitality: Provide
refreshments for the DPAA Gala, Q the Music Concerts and the DPYO Family Concert.
- Member Events: Help plan events for DPVA members, including fall and spring membership gatherings. Committee members design invitations, plan menus and decorations, etc.
Fundraising & Membership
- Designers Showhouse and Gardens: Help plan and execute the DPVA’s bi-annual fundraiser to showcase one of Dayton’s historic homes.
- Special Events: Help plan events and projects to raise funds for the DPO. Every event has numerous committees that need volunteers.
- Outreach: Assist in publicizing the DPVA to area communities and clubs.
- Mailings: Assist with mailings.
- Writing: Write articles for the DPVA’s newsletter, website, or other promotional materials.
- Social Media– Help maintain social media accounts such as Facebook and Instagram and post new updates of DPVA activities.
- Public Relations: Help secure newspaper and television publicity for DPVA projects.
- Website: Update and maintain DPVA website.